Sunday, October 23, 2005

Becoming Re-Bluenosed

I have been back in Canada's Ocean Playground now for over a month. When I first arrived, I had a really good snob on, I had been central Canadaized, I was a semi bi-lingual Upper Canadian and was appalled by the dreadful accent and bastardization of the English language that I was hearing from the small town locals. This snobery lasted oh for a couple of weeks, as I sat in my parent's house the returning big city sophistico I believed that I was. Dwindling bank account, and well a feeling of being a deadbeat son, forced me to re enter the Nova Scotia workforce, reconnecting me with the locals.
I am a sponge, upon returning from my very first day of work, I was cursing like a sailor and had the local dialect down. But now after living in Montreal for 8 years, I spew out sentences like: By, its after getting cold by the Jesus, c'est la la....... or Hostie, good night, will it ever stop raining in this good damned place..la? So I am a mess, I've given up trying to speak sans accent, and well the accent that repulsed me seems to slip put uncontrollably like a fart that pops out when you bend over. I figure I not quite an Upper Canadian or even a true blue Bluenoser, I guess I am somewhere in between, maybe I am an Acadian.... I don't know, I must sound some funny, tabernack.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yaverbaum said...

ha ha... welcome home, bluenoser. or should i say BLEUnoser?

10/23/2005 4:07 p.m.  
Blogger Joseph said...

you know what i kinda feel like te littlest hobo, theres a voice that keeps on calling me...... cept i never seem to arrive in time to save the family farm, or pull the trucker out of the lake.... or was that lassie.

10/23/2005 8:28 p.m.  
Blogger Yaverbaum said...

i think our hobo hero had his fair share of truckers in the lake, etc. he often did far more emotionally significant things though, like befriending orphaned children on their quest across the prairies to find long lost cousins, etc.

10/24/2005 5:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home