Monday, January 16, 2006

Where Are The Ladies At?

On the heels of a historic presidential victory for Liberia's Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who became Africa's first woman President, and the election of Michelle Bachelet who became Chile's first female president, I began to wonder what was the state of Canada's politique feminine. Hat tip to my father, and double hat tip to Audra at Your Dirty Answer for this: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ponycow/298378.html For those of you who do not like to follow links I will sum up......38% of NDP candidates are women, 31% for the Bloc, 26% Liberal, 24% Green, and 11% Conservative.
Now before anyone from the Conservative camp uses Kim Campbell as a rebuttal as to how disgusting this makes the Reformatories look, um yes Kim Campbell was Canada's first and only female Prime Minister, but her meager 4 months in office, and the fact that she might have run the worst campaign (with exception maybe to Martin's Liberals this time around) ever, disqualifies her from this debate. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stab10 said...

I'd have to agree. I mean, wasn't the Conservative party already going down when Campbell took over? I'd say she was used.

Jack Layton has been pushing for more women to be elected in Parliament, so it doesn't surprise me that his party has the largest percentage.

1/17/2006 3:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home