Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What's With The Whole Elections Canada Investigation On The Blogging Tories?

So its against the law now to join a group of likeminded bloggers who promote the policies, or candidates of a specific party. Yikes, I guess myself and fellow Blogging Dippers better sleep with one eye open tonight. I mean please, if and I mean if that there is proof that Conservative Party funds have been doled out to members of the Blogging Tories than well yes those members and the Conservative Party are in contravention of third party financing laws. But this smacks of nothing more than a couple of disenfranchised Tories (maybe spurred on by Liberals) trying to create a false controversy, in an attempt to torpedo Stephen Harper and the Conservative campaign.
I am sorry, I know I should be jumping up and down, screaming yes, yes, finally a scandal to pin on the Conservatives, but if the Blogging Tories have, "unduly influenced the election coverage and potentially the outcome of this campaign." they are beating us at our own game, come on Dippers how is it that the CBC can show screen shots of the Blogging Tories' Blogging Blue, and a Liblog or maybe Progressive Blogger, (I searched a bit, and I am sorry to whoever's blog it was but it just didn't stick in my muddled brain.) but no mention of any Blogging Dippers.
So if this whole Blogging Tories controversy is nothing more than a mini civil war between the Conservatives, and some disgruntled ex-Progressive Conservatives, I am throwing my hat on the side of the Blogging Tories, we speak from different sides on the issues, but getting Elections Canada involved in the rights of bloggers to speak their minds, and join with other likeminded bloggers in blogging groups, is nothing more than an attack on free speech and I think we can all agree that that is wrong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stab10 said...

First I'm hearing of this little scandal. It does seem a little ridiculous.

And we'll start receiving news coverage when the NDP does. :P

1/18/2006 5:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home