Sunday, October 30, 2005

Time Capsules......

My parents are moving on the 1st of December, so yesterday Dad and I are going through the garage, on a quest to minimize the amount of crud which might have to be moved fom one place to the next. Humans are pack rats.. in that garage there was old bikes, pairless shoes, moldy books, (I refuse to toss out books, my mission was to pick through these claim the good titles as my own, and donate the rest to a used book store) tools of all types, all sorts of treasures. Oh shit dad says, chirst I just picked up a box upside down...... like a crack in the space time continum, dad stumbled onto a box with love letters, pictures, birthday cards, and various other nicknacks from my university, and treeplanting years. So I bent over and began to pick through Joe 10 years ago, pictures of me as a dreadlocked treeplanter, me as a 25 pound overweight university student..... the letters, at least a few dozen of them, I quickly gathered up, with the intention of reading them as soon as possible.
When I was in university, I hung out alot with 3 girls, they were like my sisters, although I was secretly in love with them all. Reading the letters from these 3, one of them in particular brings me back to a time I would kinda like to forget..... we made an attempt to go from friends to more and well distance, immaturity, and expectations actually lead to the end of something that might, according to the language of these letters might have been great.
So this morning I found myself back in the muddled brain of a university dropout, maddly in love with a girl whom lived 3000 miles away, it was weird, but not really all that unpleasant. Kinda made me want to make contact again... just to see how she is, and whats up with those other 2 silly girls.......by the way I saved the letters maybe 10 years from now I will look at them again, you know for a hoot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Joe. Your father would never use swear words. Oh no he wouldn't. No! no! no!. LOL

P.G.

10/30/2005 10:20 p.m.  
Blogger Joseph said...

hey shit is not a swear word but a state of mind.....

10/31/2005 9:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home