Monday, June 05, 2006

My Take.....

O
kay so I haven't been blogging much at all lately...Maybe its work, maybe its a touch of the spring fever, or maybe I am just so bored of politics in general.

Then on Friday, the news comes that Canadian authorities have rounded up 17 potential terrorists. How does this make me feel, what is my take. Well where do I start, first, is it just me, or does the whole thing seem fishy, too easy, convenient. Maybe I am a lefty conspiracy theorist, maybe I am a naive Canadian boy, who figures Canada is immune from the wrath of terrorism. It just seems to me, that the Canadian coppers have stumbled upon a bunch of bored kids who as misguided as they might be, are playing terrorist. They have an internet connection, they have read up on bomb making, have been sucked into a silly game....Probably acting tough, to impress chicks, or their friends.


If this is a major victory for the Canadian authorities, and if a serious terrorist plot was foiled, hat tip to the people in charge of protecting us. I just feel, that all that was stopped, was a bunch of idiots, playing games. This is the best possible news for Harper, what with support for Afghanistan starting to wane. Harper can pound his chest and stamp his feet. He can claim to be Canada's great protector. Funny because I really don't feel very safe, when that guy running my country, is bent on parroting the foreign policy of the United States.


Be safe Canada, watch your back.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

6/09/2006 7:30 a.m.  
Blogger Joseph said...

hey thanks, i guess.

6/10/2006 6:30 p.m.  
Blogger Basil said...

I have to disagree with your assertion that the RCMP "stumbled upon a bunch of bored kids who as misguided as they might be, are playing terrorist". They were certainly amateur, however they seemed completely intent on doing horrible things to innocent people. Don't underestimate the power fundamentalism can hold over young minds.

6/11/2006 3:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.G. said...

Basil ... I might add. Don't underestimate the power fundamentalism, as in TV and press controlled by right wing bigots and fundamentalist christians can hold over naive and fearful people of all ages. It's time we realized that we are no less safe now than we have been in the past 20 years. Don't buy into the fearmongering predicated by the press and Bush Republicans.

6/26/2006 11:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

7/22/2006 2:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

3/07/2007 5:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home